The Illusioneering Lab is seeking participants for a research study of field-of-view modification techniques on the virtual reality user experience. If you choose to take part in the study, you will be asked to navigate a virtual environment and complete a set of questionnaires. You must already have access to a virtual reality system and be comfortable with its operation. Participants will be asked to download the software, complete the task, and then upload a data file. There are three separate 15-20 minute sessions that must be completed at least 24 hours apart from each other. You will receive a $15 gift card after completion of the final session.
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to stand and walk without assistance
- Able to communicate in written and spoken English
- Normal vision or corrected vision using glasses or contact lenses
- Have access to a Steam VR compatible headset and controllers
- Must not be pregnant
- Must not have a history of epilepsy, seizures, or severe motion sickness
Participation in this study is completely voluntary, and the decision whether or not to participate will not affect your student or employment status at the University of Minnesota.